The time now is 20 Oct 2018 11:03 am
5-min highlight of Legends Game - GOOD STUFF!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cotton79 MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018 5:59 pm 
Post subject: 5-min highlight of Legends Game - GOOD STUFF!
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

OK, yeah, sure... this comes from TexAgs, but you gotta admit that Looch & Co have built solid relationships with players over the years, so they have the inside track on an event like this. In particular, Steve Solari and Spencer Neely are miked-up on the field during the contest, and you just can't help but grin for a solid 5 minutes.

Sit back, get over your TexAgs phobia, and just watch. You'll be glad you did. Wink

fisherag70
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018 8:17 pm 

Gotta love Neely! That kid definitely brought it every down when he played. Looks like this might have a chance to become an annual/semi-annual tradition. Well worth the five minutes I spent watching! Thanks for sharing, Cotton! Applause
mjfrog
All Conference

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018 4:48 am 

Not to be debbie downer, I expected a more spirited matchup (Spencer Neeley's obvious emphasis was noted as a side).
Thus I thought of an idea that I dunno if its feasible (NCAA regs and all). What if we had the same halftime show with the recruits in attendance playing the same format vs. the alumni?
Cotton79 MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018 10:27 am 
Post subject: Re: 5-min highlight of Legends Game - GOOD STUFF!

mjfrog wrote:
Not to be debbie downer, I expected a more spirited matchup (Spencer Neeley's obvious emphasis was noted as a side).
Thus I thought of an idea that I dunno if its feasible (NCAA regs and all). What if we had the same halftime show with the recruits in attendance playing the same format vs. the alumni?

Uhh... did you see how gassed most of the Lettermen were?! Laughing Cool Even the effervescent Spencer Neely was talking about how tired he was. The few who were not gassed -- e.g. Johnny Manziel, DeVante Harris, and Mark Dodge -- were all current athletes (with Johnny and DeVante actively seeking spots on an NFL roster, and Mark Dodge as a frequent Iron Man participant).

BUT... I do like the idea of the recruits playing. I dunno how well the NCAA would perceive that, though. That, and the potential for injury because of overly aggressive play. But I do get your idea of the "juice" it would generate. It would be the BIGGEST watched flag football game ever. Wink Gig 'em
Rover
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2018 9:17 pm 

But how do you beat Johnny throwing touchdowns to DeeVonte Harris (son) and Rod Harris (father) or Johnny throwing two passes to THE THANG himself!!!!

I loved what I saw, and it certainly entertained me.

Lots' Superbowl rings and NFL championships and lots of Aggie wins out there among that mass of gassed big people.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has limits...Albert Einstein
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AgTimes Boards Forum Index -> Aggie Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: