The time now is 16 Oct 2018 9:14 am
A&M Spring Game on SECHD - Sunday morn 9 am

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cotton79 MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018 9:31 pm 
Post subject: A&M Spring Game on SECHD - Sunday morn 9 am
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I missed the Spring Game today, but searched on Direct TV and found a replay on Sunday morning at 9 a.m. Two hrs long. On DirectTV, that would be channel 611.
74animalA
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018 11:14 pm 

Well, perhaps it will be the edited version.
Today's LIVE version ran out of TV time about the start of the 2nd half. The rest of the game was on the ESPN App or something.

Just sayin' --> 2hrs wasn't the whole game.
FDT67AG MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018 1:15 am 

Same as last year...they just televise 2 hours of spring ball at each school...then you can find the rest in an app if you want to see it...It was also like last year in that it was clock running continuously (almost, anyway)

Second half was a heck of a lot more fun to watch...

Hope the recruits got something out of today's game...crowd was pretty quiet except for scripted yells and the announcer couldn't even get more than a couple of dozen folks to yell "first down" after a while in his pitiful attempt to get that high school--junior high school junk going...

Personally wish he'd just give up on that effort...just my opinion...just not working IMO.
74animalA
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018 7:57 am 
Post subject: Re: A&M Spring Game on SECHD - Sunday morn 9 am

FDT67AG wrote:
Same as last year...they just televise 2 hours of spring ball at each school...then you can find the rest in an app if you want to see it...It was also like last year in that it was clock running continuously (almost, anyway)

Hope the recruits got something out of today's game...crowd was pretty quiet except for scripted yells and the announcer couldn't even get more than a couple of dozen folks to yell "first down" after a while in his pitiful attempt to get that high school--junior high school junk going...

Personally wish he'd just give up on that effort...just my opinion...just not working IMO.

Got a few friends that are pretty disappointed in the Kyle Field announcers. However, they did not mention the HATED Scripted 1st Down Cr@p.

We need to let the AD know that cr@p isn't working.
goodags MR Member
Special Teamer

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018 12:33 pm 

74AnimalA wrote:

Quote:

I received a survey at the end of the season last year and the "First Down" was a specific question, so I'm guessing the Athletic Department has some idea it isn't popular with many.

There were also some questions on making Kyle Field more intimidating ... while still being a welcoming environment. My comments were to field a strong defense and we'll see an intimidating environment. Also some free response questions along the lines of "what's good" or "what don't you like". I used those as an opportunity to again call out the "first down" call, as well the mic'ing up of the band. I'm in the lower zone and it is painful when the FTAB strikes up. For the first time as an Aggie, I began to dread the band playing. Somewhere in the survey they mentioned mic'ing up the FTAB was one of the measures to make Kyle more intimidation. I'm not sure the Athletic Department understands the meaning of the word Rolling Eyes
74animalA
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018 2:50 pm 

FDT67AG wrote:

Got a few friends that are pretty disappointed in the Kyle Field announcers. However, they did not mention the HATED Scripted 1st Down Cr@p.

Jaybird83 MR Member
All American

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018 9:49 pm 

Why would an Aggie need to call out "first down,' when the BQs always play the wildcat fanfare for first downs?
Aggie_Fanatic
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018 10:52 pm 

Jaybird83 wrote:
Why would an Aggie need to call out "first down,' when the BQs always play the wildcat fanfare for first downs?
this X infinity
Dad08
Redshirt

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018 4:01 pm 

I do not like the "first down" call at all. As soon as my wife and I heard it we looked at each other and said, "Ole Miss.". Why must we try and be like other Schools? I hated the first down call. I expect more from A&M and do not like them being a follower............
fisherag70
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018 8:21 pm 

I don't recall hearing any DJ songs as I watched the TV broadcast? Was the DJ canned? Gee, I hope so. Even my 19 year-old freshman daughter hated it. She said he's always playing music over the band and into plays.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AgTimes Boards Forum Index -> Aggie Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: