The time now is 20 Nov 2018 10:18 am
Reports are Caldwell gone and chandler suspended

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AgTimes Boards Forum Index -> Aggie Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aggie_Fanatic
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2018 6:19 pm 
Post subject: Reports are Caldwell gone and chandler suspended
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Caldwell kicked off team for violation of team rules. Chandler suspended indefinitely. Man oh man.
Aggie_Fanatic
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2018 6:37 pm 

Reported it was wacky weed.
Aggie_Fanatic
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2018 6:40 pm 

So now our bench depth is gone. Wilson is hurt. Caldwell gone. Chandler gone until told differently. Our 2019 squad looks mighty thin with only one recruit coming in.

Everybody's minutes just went up. Anymore suspensions and we will see some walk ons out there.
Mighty Kyle
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2018 8:20 pm 

This team seems cursed. One step forward two steps back.
Jarrin' Jay MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2018 8:25 pm 

Caldwell hasn't done much to be honest and that is not likely a loss given the emergence of other PGs.

Chandler is promising, needs to get straightened out.

Starks needs to stay veeeery healthy!!!

So, what is the status of Wilson?
ruffstuff's bro
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2018 8:28 pm 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/aggies/art...to-3701842
Goodson MR Member
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2018 11:52 pm 

Gilder will wind up getting some Caruso-like minutes at PG with this turn of events -- particularly if Wilson's ACL continues to be problematic.
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2018 4:09 am 

very tough for the team - very selfish on both players

let's see how the team regroup - let's see if there is any leadership on this team specially when they are getting back to playing better

Think
AGINAZ MR Member
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2018 12:47 pm 

Wilson announced on Twitter today that he's done. Sad

Sorry to hear and best of luck in the future to him. And thanks for being the warrior this season.

Applause
AG 2000 MR Member
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2018 2:07 pm 

Tough news on Wilson but I was surprised he even came back. Docs thought it was a partial tear and he tried to play through it. Incredible respect for him trying to make it through the season on 1.5 knees.

Hate seeing this, particularly given the idiocy of the other two kids over the weekend.

Here's another data point for Kennedy's job performance. 8 of 13 players on the team this season have been suspended for disciplinary issues. Rolling Eyes
Aggie_Fanatic
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2018 8:35 pm 
Post subject: Re: Reports are Caldwell gone and chandler suspended

AGINAZ wrote:

Sorry to hear and best of luck in the future to him. And thanks for being the warrior this season.

Applause
guy was a warrior. Playing through the pain was difficult at best. After the second Mari today the doctors told him he couldn't play anymore. Must have been devastating for him.
Aggie_Fanatic
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2018 8:37 pm 

AG 2000 wrote:
Tough news on Wilson but I was surprised he even came back. Docs thought it was a partial tear and he tried to play through it. Incredible respect for him trying to make it through the season on 1.5 knees.

Hate seeing this, particularly given the idiocy of the other two kids over the weekend.

Here's another data point for Kennedy's job performance. 8 of 13 players on the team this season have been suspended for disciplinary issues. Rolling Eyes
williams, Hogg, Caldwell, chandler, gilder, Jaycee, who else.
Aggie614
Redshirt

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2018 9:41 pm 

We all know who we want in our foxhole.... Someone that will watch your back and battle with you to the very end. It is a tough lesson in life, but necessary.

Best of luck to Wilson, get the degree, my man... You have an international network at your disposal... Use it.
Goodson MR Member
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2018 10:32 pm 

Hogg needs to go to school honestly and ruthlessly on what has transpired here.

My guess he's one strike away (given his two suspensions earlier this year) from a similar fate if he stumbles in this area again.
12thManMVP
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2018 11:02 pm 

Goodson wrote:
Hogg needs to go to school honestly and ruthlessly on what has transpired here.

My guess he's one strike away (given his two suspensions earlier this year) from a similar fate if he stumbles in this area again.

Someone needs to find the supplier & re-route him away from CS, although I'd advocate for Hogg getting a medicinal supply to help his game. Big Grin

Ronnie '88
GoodBull
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2018 11:04 pm 

AG 2000 wrote:

Question
Aggie_Fanatic
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2018 12:30 am 

GoodBull wrote:
AG 2000 wrote:

Question
he only posts when he has something negative to say about Kennedy. This was his opportunity since we won our last several games. And no, I am not saying Kennedy does not have issues. But it is obvious who has an agenda and who does not.

That said, his theory, which would be taken much more seriously if he would support the team when they are winning, is that the suspensions indicate there is a problem with Kennedy concerning team discipline, and or respect. I personally can see how this may be a negative indicator about something going on with the team. However, it is difficult to take any of the Kennedy haters seriously when they only show up when they have something negative to say.
AG 2000 MR Member
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2018 1:27 am 

Phrased that badly, 8 of the 13 scholarship kids on the roster had been suspended (you can drop both numbers by one now).

As to my criticism of Kennedy, yeah, I think we can do a lot better than a guy who has been to the tournament once in six seasons.

It's not about just showing up when bad things happen, I've been consistent in the criticism since two when it was clear he didn't have what it takes. I stand by that. We should all demand better than .475 ball against winning teams and making the Dance (and doing something while there) once every six years.

Kennedy is a terribly average coach, hell below average when you look at who his actual wins/losses are against. He could screw up the current iteration of the Golden State Warriors.
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2018 1:39 am 

AGINAZ wrote:

Applause

TRUE team player - best of luck and hope for a quick recovery
Aggie_Fanatic
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2018 1:52 am 

AG 2000 wrote:
Phrased that badly, 8 of the 13 scholarship kids on the roster had been suspended (you can drop both numbers by one now).

As to my criticism of Kennedy, yeah, I think we can do a lot better than a guy who has been to the tournament once in six seasons.

It's not about just showing up when bad things happen, I've been consistent in the criticism since two when it was clear he didn't have what it takes. I stand by that. We should all demand better than .475 ball against winning teams and making the Dance (and doing something while there) once every six years.

Kennedy is a terribly average coach, hell below average when you look at who his actual wins/losses are against. He could screw up the current iteration of the Golden State Warriors.
to be honest, I was not impressed when he was hired. And I felt he should have been let go after the diagnoses with a nice nest egg. And yes, there are issues we can discuss. But there are positives as well that the Kennedy haters ignore.

I would love to see us make a run to the final four this year, or better then see Kennedy retire due to health reasons and we hire a great coach. But if he stays I think we should still support him.
Cotton79 MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2018 8:11 am 

I must admit to growing a bit distant with Billy Kennedy, but Kentucky coach John Calipari had some interesting things to say about the Aggie coach after the crushing win by Texas A&M a few days ago. The summation: lots of respect and admiration. It does cause me to take pause.

Quote:
(John Calipari): “But let me shift gears here and tell you: What Billy [Kennedy] has done, because the injuries and the stuff that happened, to have his team now on a win streak, that’s what coaching is. It’s easy when things are going well. I want to know when you lose three or four, how do you do now? And what he’s done, I told him prior to the game, ‘Man, amazing job.’ He’s got a good team, he’s got good players, but when things go south and you’ve got to corral everybody together and get them back on the same page, that’s what coaching is. So my hat’s off to Billy. He’s a good man and he’s a helluva coach, and what they did to us in the second half …

Calipari has a point; what Kennedy has done these past few games has been both surprising and amazing. So, give credit where credit is due. Applause Gig 'em

The deal, though, is that Billy Kennedy recruited these guys. And, he is responsible for their development once on campus. Indeed, it takes cajones on Kennedy's part to suspend/dismiss players for breaking team rules, yet I'm torn between applauding him for being a hard-a$$ or castigating him for "missing" on the recruiting eval and/or the development aspect.

Then again, the mass from which most elite basketball players come from - i.e., the AAU world - is different. Quite honestly, I know very little of that world, but I know this: behavior and character are two "must haves" in any sport. It's fair to say that the world in general appears to be morphing and changing with respect to mari-hoochie; it's not near the social demon once thought. However, there are still rules to be followed. Team rules. If you play by them, then you're good with the coach and the program. If you don't?... well, you just need to grow a set and live by the consequences. Smoking marijuana is against the team rules. Period. Not the changing winds of society; it's team rules that matter.

Again, do I applaud Kennedy or castigate him?... I'm really torn about this. Think Rolling Eyes Anxious Brick wall
GoodBull
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2018 9:24 am 

My "?" was purely rhetorical. I knew exactly what the 8 of 13 comment was intended to imply. It was a cheap shot to try and thwart any goodwill thrown towards Kennedy. Calipari is correct. BK has done a masterful job in getting the team past the suspensions/injuries. Most teams would have tossed in the towel.

What the 8 of 13 means: BK is not willing to overlook and hide the transgressions. Uncommon in today's world where cover-up is the norm.

You see what you want to see.

I hope Caldwell and Chandler can get things straightened out. Best of luck to them.
Aggie_Fanatic
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2018 9:30 am 

You can applaud Kennedy for getting the team to respond during a difficult stretch where injuries and suspensions put us at 0-5 in conference play. Yet at the same time you can also question why we have these suspensions and why our offense goes stale more than is acceptable. I get the criticisms. But if Kennedy takes the blame for losses then give him credit for wins like at top 10 auburn. Just as he gets credit for bringing good recruiting to the team he is responsible for what could be a weak roster next year as we only have one recruit so far and we are losing Morelos, Williams, Caldwell, and possibly Davis or Hogg. I am assuming Chandler will be back.

i have no problem discussing the issues. Just don't go over the top and definitely give credit for the positives. And don't wish for losses just to get rid of him. I know for a fact many ags are doing just that. How miserable does one have to be to root against the ags just so the coach said hey hate will be fired?

People refuse to realize that at 0-5, with the suspensions and the injuries, this team could have tanked. But they didn't. Kennedy held them together and kept them from giving up. Heck, I even thought Kennedy was about to lose the team. He did a great job of keeping the team focused and getting back on track.

I make no claims to know how things will turn out. But I will enjoy every win. And I will support the team no matter what may come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AgTimes Boards Forum Index -> Aggie Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: