The time now is 16 Oct 2018 9:58 am
MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AgTimes Boards Forum Index -> Pro Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 27919

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018 12:30 am 
Post subject: Re: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

aggieinjakartatown wrote:
aggieinjakartatown wrote:
aggieinjakartatown wrote:
Albert Pujols closer to 3000 hits

he is is now 28 hits away


Pujols now 25 hits away Applause



Pujols now 17 hits away (2983 hits)



Pujols now 15 hits away (2985 hits)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 27919

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018 12:36 am 
Post subject: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

both Astros and Rangers took a day off as they will go against each other for the weekend @ Houston
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Goodson MR Member
Forum Moderator


Joined: 01 Jul 2000
Posts: 27107
Location: Colleyville, TX

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018 8:01 am 
Post subject: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Off day at least spares Rangers and their fans the likely prospect of another loss.

Andrus is out 6-8 weeks with an elbow fracture. You just knew that after California had two hitters plunked by the Rangers earlier in the game that MS was going to "encourage" his pitcher to retaliate and protect his teammates.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
TOAg MR Member
Site Admin


Joined: 21 Mar 2000
Posts: 43056
Location: College Station

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018 10:54 pm 
Post subject: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

The Andrus injury is a miserable break for a Texas team that needed a break as they try to find some traction somewhere. There just ain't much left here to circle the wagons around, boys.


ed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
TOAg MR Member
Site Admin


Joined: 21 Mar 2000
Posts: 43056
Location: College Station

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2018 11:11 pm 
Post subject: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

In a game that saw four solo HRs, Houston struggles by Texas, 3-2, scoring an unearned run in the B8.

Gerrit Cole again pitched brilliantly, but yielded T7 bombs to Gallo and Chirinos, and left a 2-2 game after fanning 14 Rangers in seven IPs.

George Springer finally found his power stroke and homered twice off Cole Hamels. Eight hits for the Astros tonight; six for the Rangers.

The Astros are now 10-4, while the Rangers sagged to 4-11.


ed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 27919

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018 11:27 am 
Post subject: Re: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

TOAg wrote:
The Andrus injury is a miserable break for a Texas team that needed a break as they try to find some traction somewhere. There just ain't much left here to circle the wagons around, boys.


ed


terrible injury for Elvis - he had basically been the only one batting for the Rangers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 27919

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018 11:29 am 
Post subject: Re: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

TOAg wrote:
In a game that saw four solo HRs, Houston struggles by Texas, 3-2, scoring an unearned run in the B8.

Gerrit Cole again pitched brilliantly, but yielded T7 bombs to Gallo and Chirinos, and left a 2-2 game after fanning 14 Rangers in seven IPs.

George Springer finally found his power stroke and homered twice off Cole Hamels. Eight hits for the Astros tonight; six for the Rangers.

The Astros are now 10-4, while the Rangers sagged to 4-11.


ed


Astros bats need to get better - at least Marwin is now above the Mendoza line
Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 27919

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018 11:32 am 
Post subject: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Link to Article


Shohei Ohtani's success thus far has made him ubiquitous in Japan


So far so good for him - let's wait to see what happens when July and August come in Think
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 27919

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018 5:06 pm 
Post subject: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Astros leading the Rangers 5-2 - top of the 7th
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 27919

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018 5:48 pm 
Post subject: Re: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

aggieinjakartatown wrote:
Astros leading the Rangers 5-2 - top of the 7th


Rangers are now tied with the Astros 5-5 - coming up top of the 9th
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 27919

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018 6:05 pm 
Post subject: Re: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

aggieinjakartatown wrote:
aggieinjakartatown wrote:
Astros leading the Rangers 5-2 - top of the 7th


Rangers are now tied with the Astros 5-5 - coming up top of the 9th


Rangers and Astros heading to extra frames tied 5-5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 27919

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2018 6:33 pm 
Post subject: Re: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

aggieinjakartatown wrote:
aggieinjakartatown wrote:
aggieinjakartatown wrote:
Astros leading the Rangers 5-2 - top of the 7th


Rangers are now tied with the Astros 5-5 - coming up top of the 9th


Rangers and Astros heading to extra frames tied 5-5


Rangers comeback and beat the Astros 6-5 in xtra innings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 27919

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018 8:02 am 
Post subject: Re: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

aggieinjakartatown wrote:
aggieinjakartatown wrote:
aggieinjakartatown wrote:
aggieinjakartatown wrote:
Albert Pujols closer to 3000 hits

he is is now 28 hits away


Pujols now 25 hits away Applause



Pujols now 17 hits away (2983 hits)



Pujols now 15 hits away (2985 hits)


Pujols now 12 hits away (2988 hits)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Goodson MR Member
Forum Moderator


Joined: 01 Jul 2000
Posts: 27107
Location: Colleyville, TX

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2018 8:15 pm 
Post subject: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Hello, win column for the Rangers (5 game skid comes to an improbable end).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
TOAg MR Member
Site Admin


Joined: 21 Mar 2000
Posts: 43056
Location: College Station

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018 12:09 am 
Post subject: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Colon pitched masterfully tonight against Houston, absolutely perfect, in fact, through seven IPs. Both Colon and Verlander got dropped in the grease by their offenses tonight.

Houston tied it 1-1 in the 8th, but the Rangers win it again over the Astros pen, in extras, 3-1.

Houston's offense is in the deep-freeze right now. With RISP, Houston's offense is hitting at .213, fifth-worst in the bigs. For example, Correa is hitting .167 with RISP.


ed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 27919

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018 12:16 am 
Post subject: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

the ageless one comes thru again - Colon is incredible @ 44 Applause Applause
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 27919

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018 12:38 am 
Post subject: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Verlander also with a great performance last night with 1 ER allowed in 8IP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Bobaloo
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 03 Jul 2000
Posts: 5315
Location: College Station, TX

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018 5:47 am 
Post subject: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

I’m just pleased that a guy who weighs more than me can still deal in the Big Leagues! Applause
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
TAMU1991
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 17 Oct 2001
Posts: 7197
Location: Happiest Place On Earth

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018 7:50 am 
Post subject: Re: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

TOAg wrote:
Colon pitched masterfully tonight against Houston, absolutely perfect, in fact, through seven IPs. Both Colon and Verlander got dropped in the grease by their offenses tonight.

Houston tied it 1-1 in the 8th, but the Rangers win it again over the Astros pen, in extras, 3-1.

Houston's offense is in the deep-freeze right now. With RISP, Houston's offense is hitting at .213, fifth-worst in the bigs. For example, Correa is hitting .167 with RISP.


ed


Just to show how crazy baseball is with the Rangers winning the last 2 against the Astros. I turned on the game and was wondering who are those guys in Rangers uniform. I almost knew more Astros players than the Rangers and I'm a Rangers fan!


It was a great pitching duel!

Gig 'em
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 27919

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018 1:15 pm 
Post subject: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

it is called baseball - it is a grind 0 you have to show up everyday and you can win in any day
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
12thManMVP
Hall of Fame


Joined: 25 Dec 2007
Posts: 2078
Location: Houston

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018 2:19 pm 
Post subject: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Unless you're the Reds, Rays, or Royals. Big Grin

Ronnie '88
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
TOAg MR Member
Site Admin


Joined: 21 Mar 2000
Posts: 43056
Location: College Station

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2018 4:37 pm 
Post subject: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

On Colon's and Verlander's duel at high noon ....

https://www.mlb.com/news/facts-figures-from-epic-c...-272398884


ed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail  
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 27919

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2018 12:35 am 
Post subject: Re: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

12thManMVP wrote:
Unless you're the Reds, Rays, or Royals. Big Grin

Ronnie '88



2 out of the 3 won yesterday as KC was postponed Wink Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 27919

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2018 12:38 am 
Post subject: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Link to Article


McCullers strikes out 11 as Astros shut down Mariners 4-1

he pitched great Applause
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Goodson MR Member
Forum Moderator


Joined: 01 Jul 2000
Posts: 27107
Location: Colleyville, TX

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2018 2:35 pm 
Post subject: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

Colon versus Verlander was the kind of baseball I love to see.

Well pitched.

Well defended.

Low scoring and fast paced.


Applause
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Posts: 27919

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2018 1:44 pm 
Post subject: Re: MLB 2018 SEASON IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

aggieinjakartatown wrote:
aggieinjakartatown wrote:
aggieinjakartatown wrote:
aggieinjakartatown wrote:
aggieinjakartatown wrote:
Albert Pujols closer to 3000 hits

he is is now 28 hits away


Pujols now 25 hits away Applause



Pujols now 17 hits away (2983 hits)



Pujols now 15 hits away (2985 hits)


Pujols now 12 hits away (2988 hits)


Pujols now 10 hits away (2990 hits)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AgTimes Boards Forum Index -> Pro Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 4 of 29

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum