Post subject: Mack Brown's "If we were in the SEC comment"
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

This made me laugh. Laughing
TNAg76 MR Member
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 2:51 pm 

True - was he campaigning for admittance?
Rover
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 2:54 pm 

With that offense, Mack Brown would go to jail for child abuse letting Ash and Brown even on the field against Bama or LSU.

He had one chance against Bama and they beat his butt physically all over the field.

Mack, we'll see your a$$ in the Cotton Bowl in a couple of years and we'll talk about SEC football then.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has limits...Albert Einstein
devil-88
Starter

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 2:58 pm 
Post subject: Re: Mack Brown's "If we were in the SEC comment"

TexAG08 wrote:

What was his comment?
Goodson MR Member
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 3:08 pm 

If we were in the SEC ... our offense would get ground up faster than two all beef patties ...
Agdad78 MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 3:17 pm 

...with special sauce?

lettuce?

cheese?

pickles?

............................. Laughing
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 3:19 pm 

maybe he is day dreaming .... Wink
TexAG08
Starter

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 3:42 pm 

devil-88 wrote:
TexAG08 wrote:

What was his comment?

Something along the lines of "If we were in the SEC we'd be talking about what a great game this is, because both defenses have played well, but we're not."
Cannonball Craig III
All Conference

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 3:45 pm 

Keep dreaming, Mack.
devil-88
Starter

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 4:03 pm 

TexAG08 wrote:
devil-88 wrote:
TexAG08 wrote:

What was his comment?

Something along the lines of "If we were in the SEC we'd be talking about what a great game this is, because both defenses have played well, but we're not."

Thanks.... What a walking moron.
Agdad78 MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 4:14 pm 

He is just playing to the sheeple that will listen.

Pumping his program...that is down... despite what Rivals has been saying about their quality leaving high school...
Chainring
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 4:33 pm 

I don't know what you guys are bagging on him for... that was pretty clever. SEC games are praised for defense. Big 12/Pac-12 games are praised for offense. He was being ironic.

Say what you will about Mack, he's not dumb. Even if the only thing he knows how to do is surround himself with good people, that's a pretty nifty skill. If the man can't coach his way out of a wet paper sack, but gets paid $5 million/year to hire other people to do his job for him... well, that fellow is smarter than this one; 'cause if I could figure out how to get that job, I'd do it.
AG 2000 MR Member
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 6:11 pm 

Chainring wrote:
I don't know what you guys are bagging on him for... that was pretty clever. SEC games are praised for defense. Big 12/Pac-12 games are praised for offense. He was being ironic.

I guess the obvious answer is that both offenses flat out sucked, it wasn't the defenses playing well.

There's a big difference...
Rover
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 6:20 pm 

I have two observations:

First how in the heck did a pathetic team like Cal get into a bowl game? They were completely incompetent. Euless Trinity would beat them.

Second, when Kines retired, I floated Manny Diaz as a DC...I hate to tell you guys but Manny is much better than DeRuyter. MD has the tu defense playing well and I can squint and imagine what our defense the last two year would have looked like with him calling the shots...much better scheme and much more aggressively sound...safety blitzes, corner blitzes and lots of line stunts...the Cal offense may suck but seeing what Manny was doing with the defense was really exciting...

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has limits...Albert Einstein
Agdad78 MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 6:22 pm 

AG2000 quipped:

Quote:
I guess the obvious answer is that both offenses flat out sucked, it wasn't the defenses playing well.

Not when you are attempting a pre-emptive strike against perceived future criticism... Wink
Chainring
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 7:00 pm 

AG 2000 wrote:
Chainring wrote:

Offenses always suck in bowl season. Texas' offense has sucked all year and makes any defense look good. Texas also has one of the best defenses in the country and can make any offense look lousy. I still say it was at least half-joking and think y'all are being hard on the guy just because of where he coaches.
Aggies44
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2011 8:37 pm 

Yeah, easy to "dog" on ol' Yellertuth...but he did beat us this year. Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Amador
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011 1:21 am 

Cal felt guilty I think ... every time they had a chance to score they handed the ball back to tu ... or they just wanted to keep the game close.

Think

If guns kill people
then pencils misspell words
and cars make people drive drunk
and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat
FDT67AG MR Member
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011 1:39 am 

Maybe they should have allowed the Big XX? to field a team made up of the tu defense and bu offense... Rolling Eyes

...and let them play against a Pac XX? team composed of the Cal defense and the Washington offense... Confused

Perhaps then...a football game may have broken out... Wink

...because neither the tu-Cal game nor the bu-Washington game resembled "football"... Laughing
Rover
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011 2:45 am 

Dick,

The Cal vs. tu game looked like some of the fish football I've seen played in the local high schools...there is no junior high football in Cali so you have to teach the kids how to put on a jock strap and shoulder pads and some of them have never been hit in their lives..so you get the idea.

The Baylor vs. Washington game looked like some of those crazy 6 and 8 man football games they play up in the panhandle except there were 11 guys on each side.

Mack is just envious. He knows that now that BAMA, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, etc. and A&M can recruit with the SEC brand, he has a problem with his recruiting superiority. What can he say to top Nick Saban or Les Miles on an In home visit? Our cheerleaders are prettier? You get to play West Virginia? Lubbock is pretty this time of year?

I'd love to see A&M have some immediate success in the SEC and be on NATIONAL TV about three times a year plus REGIONAL broadcasts...there will be more Aggie football on TV than Big whatever football.
Except for Oklahoma and OSU, the Big whatever is on the verge of irrelevance and he knows it.

Cannonball Craig III
All Conference

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011 2:56 am 

Rover is always right on, and this thread is no exception.
FDT67AG MR Member
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011 3:43 am 

Rover wrote:
Dick,

The Cal vs. tu game looked like some of the fish football I've seen played in the local high schools...there is no junior high football in Cali so you have to teach the kids how to put on a jock strap and shoulder pads and some of them have never been hit in their lives..so you get the idea.

The Baylor vs. Washington game looked like some of those crazy 6 and 8 man football games they play up in the panhandle except there were 11 guys on each side.

Mack is just envious. He knows that now that BAMA, LSU, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, etc. and A&M can recruit with the SEC brand, he has a problem with his recruiting superiority. What can he say to top Nick Saban or Les Miles on an In home visit? Our cheerleaders are prettier? You get to play West Virginia? Lubbock is pretty this time of year?

I'd love to see A&M have some immediate success in the SEC and be on NATIONAL TV about three times a year plus REGIONAL broadcasts...there will be more Aggie football on TV than Big whatever football.
Except for Oklahoma and OSU, the Big whatever is on the verge of irrelevance and he knows it.

Excellent observations...dead on...

...the comparisons were paint a really accurate picture of what went on in those games... Think

I knew I had seen that type of action somewhere...but until you pointed it out, I couldn't for the life of me remember where... Brick wall
Agdad78 MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011 8:21 am 

They were teams trying their best to win, but stepping all over themselves in making the attempt.

Baylor is not a Team. They are an offense.

tu is not a team. They are a defense with a kid coaching them.

Mack is working hard at perception control.

But really, if he rights the ship and gets back to 10 wins a season, I don't see tu losing any ground in recruiting Texas kids.

How they fare in BCS games...well, one game a year they have a chance...kinda like a Boise....
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011 8:47 am 

Agree, if he keeps double digits in the W column he will keep recruiting well and the path to the national championship should be easier because of the easier schedule
85AustinAg
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011 10:31 am 

Call me crazy but if we can get to 8 wins or so next season, and the kids get to see what SEC football is like at Kyle Field, I think we're going to start getting more of our share of SEC caliber recruits starting next year.

For example ~ September 8, 2012, Texas Aggies vs Gators @ Kyle
OR
Sips vs New Mexico State in Austin

Casual football fans are going to think long and hard about driving to College Station for that game. We win a few of these big games at home and we'll build a new era of SEC football fans that love the Aggies playing SEC ball in the state of Texas.
TexAG08
Starter

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011 10:42 am 

Rover wrote:
Dick,

"Lubbock is pretty this time of the year" Laughing Thanks for starting my weekend off with a good laugh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AgTimes Boards Forum Index -> Aggie Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: