The time now is 26 Oct 2014 1:58 am
Thinking of getting an Aggie Sweetheart Ring for my wife.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FAST FRED MR Member
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2002 6:43 pm 
Post subject: Thinking of getting an Aggie Sweetheart Ring for my wife.
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

What's the scoop?

Thanks.

Before the world wide web, village idiots usually stayed in their own village.
Thumbs-Up
Redshirt

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2002 8:21 pm 

I don't know what others have done, but this is what I did. I ordered an Aggie Crest, I think it was the earring size. I then had them make a ring with the crest and put "Aggie Wife" on the side. It really looks nice and she loves it. I might still have one crest and I know who still has the mold. Laughing
LifeLongAg
All American

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2002 8:25 pm 

I have one. My kids and husband gave it to me last year. It is for those Aggies who were married before '72. The ring is a ladies' Aggie ring, just like her husband's, including his name engraved in the middle. You can order them through the Ring Office (In fact, I think there is a link to the office through the thread you started that is now 12 pages and growing.) I don't know any Aggie wife who wouldn't be thrilled to get one. My family planned this big surprise last year after the tu game. We even walked through a saber arch at the Century Tree while I was totally unaware of why all the fuss was going on. Later, after all the excitement had died down, Mr. LLA said he couldn't understand what our daughters were talking about the "Century" Tree and getting engaged there when it wasn't the "Century" Tree in his time. (True, especially since we are older than dirt anyway. Laughing ) We got engaged right before Ring Dance, 1965. We will celebrate our 36th anniversary on Dec. 27.
leere MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2002 8:27 pm 

See your PM.
leere MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2002 8:29 pm 

http://www.aggienetwork.com/ring/sweetheart.aspx

Sweetheart Ring Policy

Any male former student in the Class of ’72 or before who qualifies for an Aggie Ring, may order his wife, fiancée, or mother a "sweetheart ring" – a women’s replica of his ring; including the same class year.
The order must be placed by the qualified former student
Engraving
The name of the "sweetheart" or qualified individual as it appears on his A&M transcript.
Full first name, middle initial(s) & last name(s).
First name initial, full middle name & last name(s).

My wife has one and I am damned proud for her... So is she!!
South Plains Aggie
All Conference

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2002 9:26 pm 

leere... How did you go about placing the "sweetheart" order?
93Ag
All Conference

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2002 9:37 pm 

Just call the ring office. They know exactly what you're asking about.

Not only did LLA get a sweetheart ring from her kids but Mr LLA received his Aggie ring from them too. Mr. LLA lost his original Aggie ring in the 70's when he went fishing and slipped off his finger when he threw out his line. Somewhere in the utilities lake near Trinidad is a 1965 Aggie ring. Twenty years later we surprised him by replacing his ring for his birthday. All we did was go by the ring office and provide his information and told them that's is surprise and they were great about sending on to us without him getting involved. It was the same way with the sweetheart ring. My sister arranged all of it and they were good about making it go smoothly.

I can tell you if your wife is a die hard Aggie like you, she'll be very appreciative of the gesture. It's interesting to go to football games and watch the ladies in their 70's+ decked out in maroon and be just as passionate about Aggie football as their husbands (or former) and kids are. You know they didn't go here but they certainly love A&M equally as much as if they did.
Ags'76
Recruit

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2002 8:29 am 

I wish they'd come up with something like this for grads after '72. I graduated in '76.....my wife was a Junior at A&M at the time but followed me as we left for an Air Force career. She never got to finisher her A&M degree, but loves the University as much as I do (with three daughters attending you can imagine why!)
Ag79 MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2002 9:26 am 

I agree '76- what about the last 30 years of Ags... even if they change the ring a bit so it does not look like the "official" ring of an Ag who had enough credits to get his/her ring...
LifeLongAg
All American

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2002 11:11 am 

When I was in college ('60-64) at TWU, some of my friends who were dating Aggies received pins from their sweethearts. They had the ring crest on them. Attached to the crest was a chain guard with the class year of the Aggie on it. I don't know where they made them, but perhaps something like that could be "resurrected". If I remember correctly, these pins were slightly larger than a fraternity pin and much more distinctive.
Sidepocket
Redshirt

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2002 11:38 am 

Last year I went to the website to initiate a replacement for the one I lost and noticed the sweetheart ring for the first time. Asked my wife of 30+ years if she would like one..... WOW! - she went bonkers she was so excited!

She was originally a Mustang, and we would have competing war hymn/fight song battles early on in our marriage. But somewhere about the late 70's she seemed to start wearing a lot more maroon. By the time our kids went to A&M ('93 & 94 classes) she was full fledged - singing the War Hymn as loud as she could! And now that Peruna thing (she'll be coming round the mountain...) doesn't even get her toe tappin'. She never takes that sweetheart ring off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AgTimes Boards Forum Index -> Aggie Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: